Saturday, August 1, 2009

Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

I have naturally curly hair but I always have to straighten it because the curls all want to go different directions. Then I've got these short hairs at the top of my head that stick up and make my hair look frizzy. I've tried all of the gunk you put in your hair to get the frizzyness to go away but it doesn't work because my hair's curly, not frizzy. Basically, how do I make my curls agree with each other?



Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

After you wash your hair dry it as much as you can. Put some leave-in conditioner or curl cream in your damp hair. Divide your hair into 4 sections. Brush your hair around your finger to create a spiral curl. Do this allover your head in large or small sections. This will smooth all the hair into the same direction. Let it dry. Sometimes you need a few hours. Only when your hair is completely dry separate the spirals with your fingers. Loosen all of 'em up. Don't brush it or you'll be back at square one with the frizzies.



Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

I have frizzy hair too! Lol.



I tried this shampoo, and I'm still using it and it has GREAT results. It's L'Oreal Elseve Nutrileum shampoo. You can try it, it makes your frizzy, rebellious hair calmer. Hehe.



Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

My friend has naturally curly hair and what I've seen worked for her is to first get a good haircut. I've seen hair stylists that would just shorten the length of her hair and thats it. This doesn't help at all for curly hair because it would create the Triangle Head effect. Best thing is to find someone (that isn't lying) that have experience with cutting naturally curly hair and getting layers in your hair and thin it out mid to the ends so it's not too bushy. This is so you wont have crazy all over the place curls and gives your hair shape and even curls from top to bottom. My friend (whose caucasian)went to Japan Town and they did a great job!



Then I suggest after you wash your hair to put in leave in conditioner in your damp hair and let it air dry. For weird bumps, while your hair is wet w/ the conditioner try getting flat clips and cliping down areas where u want it to lie flatter or want certain pieces of curls to be, and let dry.Try not to blow dry because it will make hair really big/frizzy and go crazy all over, plus its damaging. once dry, arrange your hair, then lightly hairspray it to keep it in place. Try Paul Mitchel's leave-in conditioner.



Also, straitening your hair is pretty brutal on curly hair because it damages it a lot more. All that heat damage or chemical would make your curls frizz. I would really suggest using a really moisturizing hair mask once a week. And instead of using 2-in-1 shampoos to opt for the really moisturizing or for curly hair seperate shampoos and conditioners. Paul Mitchel has really nice stuff. If you are looking for more affordable try Dove or Loreal Vive stuff.



Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

I have curly/wavy hair too. After I've washed my hair I use some curl cream which is like a serum and enhances curls, getting rid of frizz. Then I let it dry naturally. I like to think that this is a fuss-free method as it only takes like a minute to put on the cream. Don't want to spend ages doing hair anyway, because natural is best. Using heated products damages your hair.



Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

Visit http://www.curlygirl.com



Here's the best advice I got from the site... don't use shampoo... just use conditioner. ( I still occassionally shampoo, cuz sometimes you just have to) Don't blow dry w/out a diffuser.



Curly/frizzy-ish hair?

To get the perfect, controlled curls you see on all the models that you see on the front of magazines, you have to use a curling iron and lots of hairspray. The only 'gunk' I'd ever consider using on my hair is hairspray. Use it after you've taken a shower so all the frizzy parts are wet and controllable.

No comments:

Post a Comment